Author: Extra | Fri, 5 Aug 2011
KURVE A SADDLE THAT ADAPTS TO YOUR EVERY TWIST AND TURN
Saddle comfort is usually given by the shape and foam on top of the base. With Kurve the comfort is given by the base and the surrounding elements.
Kurve is formed from four elements;
2. Wing Flex™
3. Mobius Rail
Re:Flex constructed base of all Kurve saddles, are sensory receptors, responding the body’s every twist and turn. The Re:Flex construction is made around thermoplastic composite materials which are layered to provide superior support and comfort. The benefits of Re:Flex are the saddle follows very movement of our sitting contact points and so optimizes the interaction you have with your Kurve saddle.
The Wing Flex™ shell flexes downward in the critical area where the inner thighs contact the saddle. Whether the rider has big or small thighs, or a wide or narrow pelvis, the saddle adapts perfectly to the rider.
The design of the Kurve saddle employs a new type of aluminum supporting rail, The Mobius Rail™. Mobius is a circular rail construction that has no beginning and no end. Made from cold forged 2014-T6 alloy aluminum it provides the rail and shell with greater flexibility and support. Unlike a traditional saddle rail, the potential pressure points caused by the rail insertion areas are eliminated.
Tuner is an interchangeable tension system, which allows the rider to customize their level of Re:Flex. There are 2 tuner tension levels: slack and rigid (or soft and hard). The rider can personalize the saddle tension by simply changing the nose mounted clip-on insert.
Kurve also looks to The Spine Concept to offer the perfect saddle for the rider.
The Snake – Flexible Spine
Those with more flexibility bend to a greater degree at the lower part of the spine. In this position, the sit bones manage most of the body’s weight with a little pressure on the genital area.
The Chameleon – In-between Spine
The ability to flex your spine may vary with your fitness level. You adjust for comfort interchangeably, sometimes relying on the sit bones or sometimes relying on the genital area to manage the body’s weight or when changing hand positions on the tops, hoods and drops.
The Bull – Rigid Spine
Those with less flexibility are not able to easily accomplish the high performance cycling position. To reach this position the pelvis rotates forward dramatically forcing the hips back. In this position, the rider’s weight is directed to the genital area.
- NEWSFind Us On Social Media
- NEWSCobalt 3 Wheels Score 9 out of 10!
- NEWSIntense Cycles - Tracing Dirt
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWSTopeak Mountain Morph - Awarded Singletrack Recommended
- NEWSTitley wins UKGE Series for BAB Intense
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 5 - EWS Reborn In The USA
- NEWSARTCRANK London
- NEWSNovatec Diablo 29 - 4 out of 5 MBUK
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Val Di Sole - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSFizik To Illuminate Tour Finish Line
- NEWSTIME ATAC XC6 9 out of 10
- NEWSTopeak Joe Blow Mountain Scores 10!
- NEWSBAB Intense Race Report - UKGE Afan
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Fort William - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 2 - Enduro's Coming Home To Scotland
- NEWSIntroducing The DBinline
- NEWSIntroducing Clif Bar's New Ambassadors:
- NEWSIntroducing Volta
- NEWSNew Zealand Cycle Classic
- NEWSCrank Brothers to join Extra UK
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWS Extra UK secures CLIF Bar distribution
- NEWSIntroducing the Cyrano Series
- NEWSSchwalbe Euro 4X Series - Round 3 - Leibstadt, Switzerland
- NEWSCane Creek Introduces New Climbing Technology For DB Shocks
- NEWSRide For Michael
- NEWSHutchinson Toro Review - Singletrack Issue 82
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X R3 & Schwalbe Euro 4X R2
- NEWSYeti Racing UK - 4X Pro Tour Round 1
- NEWSTeam Edition 2013
- NEWSAggro Racing - Round 2 & 3 Race Report
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X Series Round 2 - Falmouth, Cornwall.
- NEWSCane Creek DBair XV
- NEWSClancy Wins The Soens For Rapha Condor JLT
- NEWSInside TIME
- NEWSHandley Draws First Blood
- NEWSPinkBike.com Review the DBair
- NEWSRapha Condor JLT Hit The Ground Running
- NEWSFestive Opening Hours
- NEWSEaston Cycling Licenses Technology From Topolino
- NEWSCane Creek Opens The Lounge
- NEWSJon Tiernan-Locke wins Tour of Britain
- NEWSShock Tuning Made Simple!
- NEWSTIME RX Instinct - RCUK First Look
- NEWS2012 Union Jack Limited Edition Swallow
- NEWSfi'zi:k dominate the Tour de France
- NEWSDon't Know Your Fit?
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 5
- NEWS2012 Word Champion
- NEWSBeyond the Bike - A Beyond Ourselves Project
- NEWSBrooks B17 Select World Traveller Limited Edition 2012
- NEWSEASTON CYCLING INTRODUCES THE NEW HAVOC 35
- NEWSIdentiti BMX Race Team Sign UK Elite BMX rider Tre Whyte
- NEWSINTENSE DEMO DAY - Moose Cycles
- RECALLTopeak Babyseat II Safety Recall
- NEWSMeet HARD EDDIE
- NEWSExtra appointed exclusive distributor for Time
- NEWSFi'zi:k Sponsored Jon Tiernan-Locke and Endura Racing top UCI Europe Tour Rankings
- NEWSTioga Sponsor Identiti BMX Race Team
- NEWSWorld Cup Dream Results for the Hutchinson United Ride!
- NEWSHutchinson Intensive on Road.cc
- NEWSGrowth in a tough market: Cane Creek
- NEWSTwo wins and seven podiums in three countries for Endura Racing
- NEWSTeam Sky makes the switch to fi'zi:k
- NEWSFreshFoodBike.com delivers groceries with Burley Travoy
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins Tour du Haut Var with another standout climbing performance
- NEWSHutchinson United Ride Team
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins final stage of Tour Mediterraneen to secure overall victory
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 1
- NEWSAre you Steep or Slack?
- NEWSCane Creek DBair - First ride review
- NEWSFizik Shoes Hit Hollywood
- NEWSFizik Kurve
- NEWSNew Intense Carbine
- NEWSIntense Tracer II reviewed by Singletrack
- NEWSJohn Boultbee Criterion Jacket
- NEWSA peek into Polar Bottle HQ
- NEWSAward for Curana