FreshFoodBike.com delivers groceries with Burley Travoy
Author: Extra UK | Thu, 23 Feb 2012
The Travoy Burley's highly versatile bicycle trailer, delivers groceries and freshly prepared foods to residents in the Los Angeles area.
FreshFoodBike.com offers a concierge grocery shopping, sustainable grocery delivery and curbside pickup service at Whole Foods Market 3rd and Fairfax. With sponsorship from electric bike retailer IZipStore in Venice, CA, Freshfoodbike.com uses the E3 Metro eBike in tandem with the Travoy, the all-purpose and sometimes all-terrain commuter trailer, for its deliveries. The Travoy fits perfectly onto e-bikes, hitching to the seatpost or rear carry rack.
Since being introduced in 2010, the Travoy has garnered a EUROBIKE Gold Award and wide critical acclaim. The perfect accessory for all types of bike commuters, it hauls everything from a change of clothes for the office to golf clubs on a trip to the links.
FreshFoodBike.com's services are available to Los Angeles residents from UCLA to USC and many points in between. Using the Travoy and its 60 lb. carrying capacity, FreshFoodBike.com's Sustainable Delivery Concierges go where cars cannot; delivering food to an array of unique venues, like the front gate of the Hollywood Bowl amphitheater.
"It's exciting to see the Travoy being used in such a unique way," said Burley CEO Mike Coughlin. "FreshFoodBike.com offers more than the usual 'order and deliver' model and does so in a sustainable way. We are proud to be a part of this venture."
With rising gas prices and concern for the environment, bicycle delivery service is on the rise in the US, especially in urban areas. Restaurants aren't the only businesses enjoying the benefits of bicycle delivery - local farms, entrepreneurs, and even UPS drivers are going car-free. In many cases, businesses find that using bicycles for delivery is faster and less expensive than cars. Bikes can avoid traffic jams, take shortcuts that cars cannot, and cost less to operate and maintain. A desire for local economy sustainability, environmental responsibility and bicycle awareness are also at the root of the growing trend in alternative delivery methods.
- NEWSRide For Michael
- NEWSHutchinson Toro Review - Singletrack Issue 82
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X R3 & Schwalbe Euro 4X R2
- NEWSYeti Racing UK - 4X Pro Tour Round 1
- NEWSTeam Edition 2013
- NEWSAggro Racing - Round 2 & 3 Race Report
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X Series Round 2 – Falmouth, Cornwall.
- NEWSCane Creek DBair XV
- NEWSClancy Wins The Soens For Rapha Condor JLT
- NEWSInside TIME
- NEWSHandley Draws First Blood
- NEWSPinkBike.com Review the DBair
- NEWSRapha Condor JLT Hit The Ground Running
- NEWSFestive Opening Hours
- NEWSEaston Cycling Licenses Technology From Topolino
- NEWSCane Creek Opens The Lounge
- NEWSJon Tiernan-Locke wins Tour of Britain
- NEWSShock Tuning Made Simple!
- NEWSTIME RX Instinct - RCUK First Look
- NEWS2012 Union Jack Limited Edition Swallow
- NEWSfi'zi:k dominate the Tour de France
- NEWSDon't Know Your Fit?
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 5
- NEWS2012 Word Champion
- NEWSBeyond the Bike - A Beyond Ourselves Project
- NEWSBrooks B17 Select World Traveller Limited Edition 2012
- NEWSEASTON CYCLING INTRODUCES THE NEW HAVOC 35
- NEWSIdentiti BMX Race Team Sign UK Elite BMX rider Tre Whyte
- NEWSINTENSE DEMO DAY - Moose Cycles
- RECALLTopeak Babyseat II Safety Recall
- NEWSMeet HARD EDDIE
- NEWSExtra appointed exclusive distributor for Time
- NEWSFi'zi:k Sponsored Jon Tiernan-Locke and Endura Racing top UCI Europe Tour Rankings
- NEWSTioga Sponsor Identiti BMX Race Team
- NEWSWorld Cup Dream Results for the Hutchinson United Ride!
- NEWSHutchinson Intensive on Road.cc
- NEWSGrowth in a tough market: Cane Creek
- NEWSTwo wins and seven podiums in three countries for Endura Racing
- NEWSTeam Sky makes the switch to fi'zi:k
- NEWSFreshFoodBike.com delivers groceries with Burley Travoy
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins Tour du Haut Var with another standout climbing performance
- NEWSHutchinson United Ride Team
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins final stage of Tour Méditerranéen to secure overall victory
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 1
- NEWSAre you Steep or Slack?
- NEWSCane Creek DBair – First ride review
- NEWSFizik Shoes Hit Hollywood
- NEWSFizik Kurve
- NEWSNew Intense Carbine
- NEWSIntense Tracer II reviewed by Singletrack
- NEWSJohn Boultbee Criterion Jacket
- NEWSA peek into Polar Bottle HQ
- NEWSAward for Curana