Easton Cycling Licenses Technology From Topolino
Author: Extra UK | Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Easton Cycling to Introduce Lighter, Stiffer Composite Technology Into Its Product Line.
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA & BETHEL, CT, OCTOBER 15, 2012 — Easton Cycling and Topolino Technology today announced a licensing agreement that will advance Easton Cycling wheels through the use of lighter and stiffer composite technology developed by Topolino. The long-term agreement benefits Easton as it continues to invest in its brand and the wheel category. In conjunction with this agreement, Topolino will discontinue their Carbon Core and True Black bicycle wheel lines. However, Topolino will continue to provide parts, service and support for its customers’ existing wheels while focusing on its new line of high-performance wheelchair wheels. The initial fruits of this agreement are expected to reach the marketplace next year.
“We are excited by the combination of Topolino Technology’s innovative designs and Easton’s materials leadership,” said Marty Mares, Business Unit Director for Easton Cycling. “This partnership will build on Easton’s momentum in the wheel category and deliver products that will improve cycling performance, whether for Pro Tour riders like Cadel Evans and the BMC Team or everyday cycling enthusiasts.”
Since the late 1980s, Easton has led the bicycle industry in the engineering and development of composite materials. Today Easton engineers and product development teams leverage in-house testing labs, company owned composite manufacturing facilities, wind tunnels and World Champion cyclists in pursuit of best in class products.
“As the founder of Topolino, this agreement is an exciting next step. Easton Cycling has the marketing and manufacturing muscle of Easton-Bell Sports behind it, which will allow the company to reach a wider audience and fully take advantage of this unique technology,” said Rafe Schlanger, Topolino Technology’s president.
Topolino Technology hand-builds its composite wheels in the small town of Bethel, CT, as it has for over 10 years. Topolino’s signature composite spokes, both lighter and stiffer than traditional steel spokes, are also designed to provide superior vibration damping characteristics, resulting in a smoother ride, with more control.
Topolino Technology has been manufacturing bicycle wheels at its facility in Bethel, CT, USA since 2002. These wheels utilize continuous carbon and Kevlar spokes that span across the full diameter of the wheel, extending through its composite hub. In late 2010, Topolino began producing performance wheelchair wheels based on similar technology. The design is said to be remarkably light, strong and smooth rolling.
About Easton Cycling
Easton Cycling is the leader in composite design, engineering and manufacturing for the bicycle industry. Based in Scotts Valley, California, Easton delivers a range of carbon and aluminum wheelsets and components to manufacturers and consumers. Hallmarks of Easton products include innovative manufacturing techniques, category-leading performance and consistently high value. Easton wheels and components were ridden to victory at the 2011 Tour de France by Cadel Evans and the BMC Racing Team, who Easton continues to sponsor alongside the world’s best athletes in the road, mountain, track, triathlon and cyclo-cross disciplines.
About Easton-Bell Sports Inc.
Easton-Bell Sports, Inc. is a leading designer, developer and marketer of branded sports equipment, protective products and related accessories. The company markets and licenses products under such well-known brands as Easton, Bell, Giro, Riddell and Blackburn. Its products incorporate leading technology and designs and are used by professional athletes and enthusiasts alike. Headquartered in Van Nuys, California, the company has 32 facilities worldwide. More information is available at www.eastonbellsports.com.
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 5 - EWS Reborn In The USA
- NEWSARTCRANK London
- NEWSNovatec Diablo 29 - 4 out of 5 MBUK
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Val Di Sole - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSFizik To Illuminate Tour Finish Line
- NEWSTIME ATAC XC6 9 out of 10
- NEWSTopeak Joe Blow Mountain Scores 10!
- NEWSBAB Intense Race Report - UKGE Afan
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Fort William - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 2 - Enduro's Coming Home To Scotland
- NEWSIntroducing The DBinline
- NEWSIntroducing Clif Bar's New Ambassadors:
- NEWSIntroducing Volta
- NEWSNew Zealand Cycle Classic
- NEWSCrank Brothers to join Extra UK
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWS Extra UK secures CLIF Bar distribution
- NEWSIntroducing the Cyrano Series
- NEWSSchwalbe Euro 4X Series - Round 3 - Leibstadt, Switzerland
- NEWSCane Creek Introduces New Climbing Technology For DB Shocks
- NEWSRide For Michael
- NEWSHutchinson Toro Review - Singletrack Issue 82
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X R3 & Schwalbe Euro 4X R2
- NEWSYeti Racing UK - 4X Pro Tour Round 1
- NEWSTeam Edition 2013
- NEWSAggro Racing - Round 2 & 3 Race Report
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X Series Round 2 - Falmouth, Cornwall.
- NEWSCane Creek DBair XV
- NEWSClancy Wins The Soens For Rapha Condor JLT
- NEWSInside TIME
- NEWSHandley Draws First Blood
- NEWSPinkBike.com Review the DBair
- NEWSRapha Condor JLT Hit The Ground Running
- NEWSFestive Opening Hours
- NEWSEaston Cycling Licenses Technology From Topolino
- NEWSCane Creek Opens The Lounge
- NEWSJon Tiernan-Locke wins Tour of Britain
- NEWSShock Tuning Made Simple!
- NEWSTIME RX Instinct - RCUK First Look
- NEWS2012 Union Jack Limited Edition Swallow
- NEWSfi'zi:k dominate the Tour de France
- NEWSDon't Know Your Fit?
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 5
- NEWS2012 Word Champion
- NEWSBeyond the Bike - A Beyond Ourselves Project
- NEWSBrooks B17 Select World Traveller Limited Edition 2012
- NEWSEASTON CYCLING INTRODUCES THE NEW HAVOC 35
- NEWSIdentiti BMX Race Team Sign UK Elite BMX rider Tre Whyte
- NEWSINTENSE DEMO DAY - Moose Cycles
- RECALLTopeak Babyseat II Safety Recall
- NEWSMeet HARD EDDIE
- NEWSExtra appointed exclusive distributor for Time
- NEWSFi'zi:k Sponsored Jon Tiernan-Locke and Endura Racing top UCI Europe Tour Rankings
- NEWSTioga Sponsor Identiti BMX Race Team
- NEWSWorld Cup Dream Results for the Hutchinson United Ride!
- NEWSHutchinson Intensive on Road.cc
- NEWSGrowth in a tough market: Cane Creek
- NEWSTwo wins and seven podiums in three countries for Endura Racing
- NEWSTeam Sky makes the switch to fi'zi:k
- NEWSFreshFoodBike.com delivers groceries with Burley Travoy
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins Tour du Haut Var with another standout climbing performance
- NEWSHutchinson United Ride Team
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins final stage of Tour Mediterraneen to secure overall victory
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 1
- NEWSAre you Steep or Slack?
- NEWSCane Creek DBair - First ride review
- NEWSFizik Shoes Hit Hollywood
- NEWSFizik Kurve
- NEWSNew Intense Carbine
- NEWSIntense Tracer II reviewed by Singletrack
- NEWSJohn Boultbee Criterion Jacket
- NEWSA peek into Polar Bottle HQ
- NEWSAward for Curana