Rapha Condor JLT Hit The Ground Running
Author: Extra UK | Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Fi'zi:k-sponsored Rapha Condor JLT Team rider Kristian House has once again hit the ground running in the early season, taking a brilliant second place in the toughest race of the Bay Series in Melbourne, Australia. The three race criterium series that started on the first of January is renowned for itshigh intensity racing. The 2013 edition was no exception with high temperatures affecting the racing, making sure the young Rapha Condor JLT riders work hard in their debut race of the season.
House's first podium of the year came on the second day of the series on the hilly Portarlington circuit. House formed part of a three-man move in the final twenty minutes of the race, along with Orica Green Edge riderLuke Durbridge and New Zealander James Oram. It was World Tour rider Durbridge who eventually took the win after attacking the group going into the bell lap, before House won the sprint for second just two seconds behind the young Australian.
While House was clearly reaping the benefits of a good winter in Australia and prior experience in the Bay Criteriums, John Herety's group of young riders found the going much tougher.
Speaking directly after the final race, John Herety appraised his young riders efforts. "It was tough going for the guys. The first day on Richie Boulevard was really hard, but as always on that 'hot dog' circuit there only ended up being twenty or so finishers. We had a couple of crashes in the support race, but I was very pleased with the performances of Ed Laverack, and Elliot Porter in particular."
"By the time we got to Williamstown for the final stage it was good to see Rich Handley was in the action and the boys were much more comfortable. It's been a good series, and now the guys are getting ready for the Sun Tour prologue which starts tonight."
As the Sun Tour was due to get underway, temperatures in Victoria are set to soar above 40 degrees centigrade over the following days. The first road stage of the Sun Tour that starts tomorrow has been rescheduled to start some two hours earlier to avoid the hottest part of the day.
Follow the team on twitter @raphacondor for updates from the racing as it happens.
- NEWSYeti Racing UK - 4X Pro Tour Round 1
- NEWSTeam Edition 2013
- NEWSAggro Racing - Round 2 & 3 Race Report
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X Series Round 2 – Falmouth, Cornwall.
- NEWSCane Creek DBair XV
- NEWSClancy Wins The Soens For Rapha Condor JLT
- NEWSInside TIME
- NEWSHandley Draws First Blood
- NEWSPinkBike.com Review the DBair
- NEWSRapha Condor JLT Hit The Ground Running
- NEWSFestive Opening Hours
- NEWSEaston Cycling Licenses Technology From Topolino
- NEWSCane Creek Opens The Lounge
- NEWSJon Tiernan-Locke wins Tour of Britain
- NEWSShock Tuning Made Simple!
- NEWSTIME RX Instinct - RCUK First Look
- NEWS2012 Union Jack Limited Edition Swallow
- NEWSfi'zi:k dominate the Tour de France
- NEWSDon't Know Your Fit?
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 5
- NEWS2012 Word Champion
- NEWSBeyond the Bike - A Beyond Ourselves Project
- NEWSBrooks B17 Select World Traveller Limited Edition 2012
- NEWSEASTON CYCLING INTRODUCES THE NEW HAVOC 35
- NEWSIdentiti BMX Race Team Sign UK Elite BMX rider Tre Whyte
- NEWSINTENSE DEMO DAY - Moose Cycles
- RECALLTopeak Babyseat II Safety Recall
- NEWSMeet HARD EDDIE
- NEWSExtra appointed exclusive distributor for Time
- NEWSFi'zi:k Sponsored Jon Tiernan-Locke and Endura Racing top UCI Europe Tour Rankings
- NEWSTioga Sponsor Identiti BMX Race Team
- NEWSWorld Cup Dream Results for the Hutchinson United Ride!
- NEWSHutchinson Intensive on Road.cc
- NEWSGrowth in a tough market: Cane Creek
- NEWSTwo wins and seven podiums in three countries for Endura Racing
- NEWSTeam Sky makes the switch to fi'zi:k
- NEWSFreshFoodBike.com delivers groceries with Burley Travoy
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins Tour du Haut Var with another standout climbing performance
- NEWSHutchinson United Ride Team
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins final stage of Tour Méditerranéen to secure overall victory
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 1
- NEWSAre you Steep or Slack?
- NEWSCane Creek DBair – First ride review
- NEWSFizik Shoes Hit Hollywood
- NEWSFizik Kurve
- NEWSNew Intense Carbine
- NEWSIntense Tracer II reviewed by Singletrack
- NEWSJohn Boultbee Criterion Jacket
- NEWSA peek into Polar Bottle HQ
- NEWSAward for Curana