CRANKBROTHERS STEVE PEAT SIGNATURE MALLET DH
Steve Peat and Crankbrothers have enjoyed a long history together, dating back to the original Mallet pedals in 2003. Now, Peaty and Crankbrothers have teamed up to offer a special limited edition Steve Peat Signature Mallet DH, with a numbered run of only 1000 sets. The signature pedals not only commemorate Peaty's legacy in the sport, but also pay it forward by contributing to the next generation of riders.
A portion of proceeds from each purchase will go to establish the Steve Peat Syndicate Scholarship Fund under the Crankbrothers For Others program. The scholarship fund will enable the SPS to offer support, training, and equipment to promising riders who do not have the financial resources to buy into the program.
The Mallet DH dominates the UCI World Cup Downhill circuit with 7 of the top 10 riders choosing this pedal for their bikes. Peaty's signature edition come in a special double-anodized black and red colourway, with Steve's signature and limited edition serial number laser-etched on one side, and a union jack and pint-raising "cheers!" motif laser-etched on the other. The pedals reflect both the performance oriented and fun-loving nature of Peaty himself.
About the Mallet DH
The king of DH / race pedals. mallet pedals feature a double sided open design allowing for quick and reliable engagement with minimal mud clogging. A two piece body keeps the weight down whilst providing a strong and durable platform. mallet DH are the clipless pedal of choice by most Pro World Cup riders.
The ability to set the release angle of the cleats to either 15° to 20° means you can be really active on the pedal whilst still remaining attached to the bike. The concave pedal body gives a flat pedal feel with the assurance that you are connected to the bike.
- Release angle: 15° to 20°
- Cleat: Premium brass cleats included
- Warranty: 5 years
- Weight: 479g per pair
- Platform: Extruded/machined aluminium
- Wings: Investment cast steel
- Spring: 300 series spring steel
- Spindle: Forged scm435 chromoly steel
- Inner bearing: igus LL-glide bearing has been exclusively formulated for crankbrothers. It performs in even the most adverse conditions out on the trails.
- Outer bearing: enduro cartridge bearing is designed specifically for pedals. Enduro use superior materials, grease and sealing on their bearings which are designed especially for use on a bike.
- Double seal system combines a double lip internal seal and a new external seal to keep water and debris from entering the pedal.
- Traction pins: 8mm adjustable
- Colour: Red or Black
- Excellent mud-shedding: using the very open designed pedal platform.
- Ribbed body for extra traction when unclipped
- 4-sided entry: clip in on all 4 sides of the pedal, by pushing forward or pulling backwards on the pedal.
- Extremely lightweight: pedal design is very simple with only a few key parts.
- Increased float: 6° of side-to-side rotational play. The float of the pedal allows for the rider to shift positions on the bike, while keeping their feet clipped into the pedal. This allows for improved rider control and bike handling.
- Fit adjustment: crankbrothers premium cleats can be adjusted for either 15° or 20° release angle. Zero-float cleats can be purchased separately.
- crankbrothers pedals are fully re-buildable for simple maintenance. There is a consistency in parts across all pedal models, which allows for ease of servicing, this is easily done using the pedal refresh kit (CRB-16051). Servicing is simple and does not require any specialist tools, just a flat head screwdriver, socket wrench and 8mm allen key to hold the pedal by the axle.
MSRP Price List
|•CRB-16089||Steve Peat Signature Mallet DH||£125.99|
crankbrothers was established by two keen mountain bikers, Carl and Frank. Their aim has always been to develop product for riders, from their first product, the speed lever, to the now iconic Mallet DH Race pedal.
- Stems and Stem Raisers