Aggro Racing - Round 2 & 3 Race Report
Author: Extra UK | Thu, 2 May 2013
We have just received the low down from Stu Dixon at Tioga sponsored Aggro Racing from Rounds 2 & 3 of the 2013 British Cycling BMX national series.
Here's what they had to say.
"Rounds 2 & 3 of the 2013 British Cycling BMX national series took us to Cyclopark in Gravesend Kent, a new very technical track making their first stand on the National Calendar, a lot of hype surrounded the event and weather aside didn’t disappoint.
We started the weekend with a couple of new additions to the team, Willis White who is a contender in the 16's along with Ryan Hutchinson who is in his first year of racing at this level.
Saturdays Round 2 Racing started with Olli Cutmore in the Cruiser class, riding his new Anarchy Cruiser on track for the first time took a convincing win overall but was pushed hard and never had a chance to take it easy, next was Myles Fisher in the 13's,a couple of 4ths and a 3rd took him into the semi final where he hit the gate on the start, an 8th place saw him take place in the B final where he finished 7th.
In the 14 year olds we were represented by Josh Legrove, a 5th, 7th and a 3rd were enough to take him to the quarter finals but a 6th place wasn't enough to transfer through to the semis.
In the 15's New boy Ryan Hutchinson made the way to the semis with two first places and a 3rd,another 3rd place saw him progress to the final, a great ride saw him finish 4th in his first final.
Willis White was our man in the 16's, he cruised into the semi final with a 1st and two 2nd places and then won his Semi final to book his place in the main, from the gate he was in 2nd, took over the lead in turn 2 and lead down the 3rd straight unluckily getting his rear wheel tagged from behind and losing all momentum, after getting going he managed to grab a 4th overall.
Oli Cutmore rose to the challenge of 50+ riders in his class in the 17-29 age group and qualifying through the motos, quarters and semi final to earn a top 6 finish, even more impressive that he chose to ride 2classes too (Cruiser & 20").
Taylor Andrews our Championship rider had his first time trial and for the first time also was racing with the elite men class, a whole new experience with a high calibre of riders he failed to qualify out of his motos with an 8th, 6th & a 7th.
Our female riders Kelsey Dixon (15/16girls)& Beth Campbell (Championship Women) both made it out of there motos and qualified for the Semi final, a poor gate by Kelsey saw her into the B final and Beth having clip trouble and coming unclipped twice and also making the B, Kelsey finishing in 5th and Beth taking the win after a great pass on the 3rd straight.
Round 3 started well with the sunshine brightening up the venue after Saturdays rain.
As usual Cruisers were first off the mark Cutmore was looking tired and and surprisingly struggled in his first moto, his 2nd moto got a great gate only for a broken chain to finish his race, always an uphill struggle after the first couple of motos, a 4th place overall was how he finished.
Myles Fisher rode a to a good 3rd place in his first moto but a crash in his 2nd race ended his day, trouble with his knee forced him to pull out of the remainder of the day.
Legrove was next up, a 7th, 5th and a 4th cruised him into the quarter finals but his choice of racing line cost him place in the semi only getting a 6th place.
Hutchinson was keen to improve on his 4th from Saturday and did just that, after going over the gate in his 2nd moto he recovered his focus and qualified for the final with a 4th place, his final was awesome, a great start and hitting 3rd place and staying there until the line, his 2nd final and his first podium finish.
Willis White was keen to make up for his Saturday disappointment, two 3rds and a 1st in his motos got him to the semi but a bad gate saw him near the back of the race, a B final was the outcome where he finished 2nd.
Cutmore was back on the 20" and looking good for a main place, 1st, 2nd & 3rd in his motos, a fourth in his quarter saw him into the semi final where he got squeezed in the first turn, a 6th was the outcome followed by a B final 3rd.
Taylor's step up to the fastest class continued to frustrate him, a nudge from behind took him down in his first moto followed by a 7th & an 8th gave him an early day but came away with some valuable experience for the future.
Kelsey cruised into the semi final with a4th, 6th & a 5th, unfortunately a 6th in the semi earned her a B final with a 6th place finish.
The championship female class was represented by Beth Campbell who was very disappointed not to have made the final on Saturday got her reward with a place in the final, after not giving up she managed an excellent 6th place beating last years 17+ work champ Joey Gough on the line."
Aggro Racing is proudly supported by Crit plates, Tioga BMX, KMC Chains, High5 nutrition, Profile Racing Europe, Ison Distribution, Butler Fuels, BOX Components, Segment Clothing, BMX Talk, Anarchy Bike Co & is happy to support the Stay Strong foundation.
- NEWSWe Are Open
- NEWSExtra UK and COVID-19
- NEWSabsoluteBLACK Cannondale Spidering ROAD oval chainring is here!
- NEWSCrankbrothers Launches Synthesis Alloy Wheel Range
- NEWSIntroducing the All-New Cane Creek Thudbuster Seatpost
- NEWSEnduro Bearings Workshops - COREbike 2020
- NEWSCoreBike 2020
- NEWSChristmas Closing
- NEWSABUS to drive IBD sales and increase security
- NEWSAnnual Stocktake
- NEWSOrange Seal Tyre Sealant - For road, gravel, and MTB
- NEWS100% Lifetime Guarantee on 110 Series Headsets
- NEWSBicycle Theft Prevention
- NEWSUK National Parks and Clif Bar launch the National Parks Protectors Fund
- NEWSRichard Carapaz wins the Giro d'Italia with ABUS
- NEWSFFWD Wheels Distributed By Extra UK
- NEWSExtra UK ABUS Factory Visit and Distribution
- NEWSA new beginning for Pirelli: Scorpion MTB is the newborn range for mountain bikers
- NEWSThe New Brooks Cambium C13 All Weather is here.
- NEWSExtra at COREbike 2019: New Brands and New Products
- NEWSChristmas Closing
- ANNOUNCEMENTSRP's for CLIF Bloks, Builders and Gels lowered in the UK
- NEWSAnnual Stocktake
- NEWSabsoluteBLACK Oval vs Round
- NEWSPirelli Is Official Partner Of Il Lombaria and Strade Bianche
- NEWSNEW Cane Creek eeSilk post now in stock
- NEWSMaxxis Introduces, the Assegai
- NEWSNEW Nut Butter Filled Clif Bars Now Available
- NEWSSquirt Cycling Products now exclusively available
- NEWSPirelli and Mitchelton-Scott announce partnership
- NEWSPirelli announce new tubeless Cinturato Velo
- ANNOUNCEMENTAbsoluteBLACK appoint EXTRA UK as exclusive distributor in UK and Ireland
- NEWSCane Creek Release eeWings Premium Titanium Crankset
- NEWSCane Creek Releases 29 and 27.5+ Version of Critically Acclaimed HELM Fork
- NEWSNEW Limited Edition Cambium All Weather Saddles
- NEWSWhy Nuun?
- ANNOUNCEMENTOffice Closure
- RECALLRECALL - SwissStop ExoTherm Disc Pads
- NEWSAnnual stocktake
- NEWSCrankbrothers launch new Stamp pedals
- NEWSTens of thousands finish Prudential Ride London with the help of nuun hydration and Clif Bar
- RECALLVoluntary Recall of CLIF® BUILDER’S Bar Chocolate Mint Flavour
- NEWSOrange Seal Named Official Sealant of Team Bora-Hansgrohe
- ANNOUNCEMENTSwissStop EXOTherm Stop-Ride Stop-Sale Advisory
- NEWSExtra UK appointed exclusive distributor of the new Pirelli PZero Velo tyres
- NEWSnuun and company® Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Prudential RideLondon
- NEWSFactory Jackson Reviews New Crankbrothers Klic HV Pump and F15 Tool
- NEWSCane Creek Introduces Helm Fork
- NEWSMaxxis Enables Extra UK To Realign Prices
- NEWS7 World Tour Teams Ride Fizik In 2017
- NEWSNew Shock and Remote Levers From Cane Creek
- NEWSChristmas Closing
- NEWSCane Creek Partners With eeCycles
- ANNOUNCEMENTWe'll be closed for Stocktake
- NEWSCane Creek Expands Shock Line
- NEWSNuun partners with Extra for exclusive UK distribution
- NEWSIt's Time To Get Dialed!
- NEWSBrooks 150th Anniversary
- NEWSMore Awards For Clif Bar
- NEWSTopeak Wins Red Dot Awards
- ANNOUNCEMENTClif Bar Become Official Sponsor of Prudential RideLondon
- NEWSInside Ergon
- NEWSOrange Seal In Cycling Weekly
- NEWSDesign & Innovation Award Winners
- NEWSChristmas Opening Times
- NEWSNEW Clif Bar Flavour Now Available!
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stocktake
- NEWSProGold The Reader Choice
- NEWSDBinline recommended by Singletrack Magazine
- NEWSDownhill performance meets… climbing efficiency
- NEWSErgon BE1 Scores 9 out of 10!
- NEWSFi'zi:k Black Edition
- NEWSNEW 2016 Fi'zi:k Shoes In Stock Now
- NEWSPinkbike Visits Crankbrothers
- NEWSClif Bar Wins Prestigious Award!
- NEWSThe Tracer Goes Green
- ANNOUNCEMENTExtra UK Welcomes Maxxis Tyres
- NEWSFind Us On Social Media
- NEWSCobalt 3 Wheels Score 9 out of 10!
- ANNOUNCEMENT2015 Events
- NEWSIntense Cycles - Tracing Dirt
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWSTopeak Mountain Morph - Awarded Singletrack Recommended
- NEWSTitley wins UKGE Series for BAB Intense
- NEWSLeadville – Bigham strikes again
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 5 - EWS Reborn In The USA
- NEWSARTCRANK London
- NEWSNovatec Diablo 29 - 4 out of 5 MBUK
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Val Di Sole - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSBrooks England X Levi’s® Commuter Collaboration
- NEWSFizik To Illuminate Tour Finish Line
- NEWSTIME ATAC XC6 9 out of 10
- NEWSTopeak Joe Blow Mountain Scores 10!
- NEWSBAB Intense Race Report - UKGE Afan
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Fort William - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 2 - Enduro's Coming Home To Scotland
- NEWSIntroducing The DBinline
- NEWSIntroducing Clif Bar's New Ambassadors:
- NEWSIntroducing Volta
- NEWSNew Zealand Cycle Classic
- NEWSCrank Brothers to join Extra UK
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWS Extra UK secures CLIF Bar distribution
- NEWSIntroducing the Cyrano Series
- NEWSSchwalbe Euro 4X Series - Round 3 - Leibstadt, Switzerland
- NEWSCane Creek Introduces New Climbing Technology For DB Shocks
- NEWSRide For Michael
- NEWSHutchinson Toro Review - Singletrack Issue 82
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X R3 & Schwalbe Euro 4X R2
- NEWSYeti Racing UK - 4X Pro Tour Round 1
- NEWSTeam Edition 2013
- NEWSAggro Racing - Round 2 & 3 Race Report
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X Series Round 2 - Falmouth, Cornwall.
- NEWSCane Creek DBair XV
- NEWSClancy Wins The Soens For Rapha Condor JLT
- NEWSInside TIME
- NEWSHandley Draws First Blood
- NEWSPinkBike.com Review the DBair
- NEWSRapha Condor JLT Hit The Ground Running
- NEWSFestive Opening Hours
- NEWSEaston Cycling Licenses Technology From Topolino
- NEWSCane Creek Opens The Lounge
- NEWSJon Tiernan-Locke wins Tour of Britain
- NEWSShock Tuning Made Simple!
- NEWSTIME RX Instinct - RCUK First Look
- NEWS2012 Union Jack Limited Edition Swallow
- NEWSfi'zi:k dominate the Tour de France
- NEWSDon't Know Your Fit?
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 5
- NEWS2012 Word Champion
- NEWSBeyond the Bike - A Beyond Ourselves Project
- NEWSBrooks B17 Select World Traveller Limited Edition 2012
- NEWSEASTON CYCLING INTRODUCES THE NEW HAVOC 35
- NEWSIdentiti BMX Race Team Sign UK Elite BMX rider Tre Whyte
- NEWSINTENSE DEMO DAY - Moose Cycles
- RECALLTopeak Babyseat II Safety Recall
- NEWSMeet HARD EDDIE
- NEWSExtra appointed exclusive distributor for Time
- NEWSFi'zi:k Sponsored Jon Tiernan-Locke and Endura Racing top UCI Europe Tour Rankings
- NEWSTioga Sponsor Identiti BMX Race Team
- NEWSWorld Cup Dream Results for the Hutchinson United Ride!
- NEWSHutchinson Intensive on Road.cc
- NEWSGrowth in a tough market: Cane Creek
- NEWSTwo wins and seven podiums in three countries for Endura Racing
- NEWSTeam Sky makes the switch to fi'zi:k
- NEWSFreshFoodBike.com delivers groceries with Burley Travoy
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins Tour du Haut Var with another standout climbing performance
- NEWSHutchinson United Ride Team
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins final stage of Tour Mediterraneen to secure overall victory
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 1
- NEWSAre you Steep or Slack?
- NEWSCane Creek DBair - First ride review
- NEWSFizik Shoes Hit Hollywood
- NEWSFizik Kurve
- NEWSNew Intense Carbine
- NEWSIntense Tracer II reviewed by Singletrack
- NEWSJohn Boultbee Criterion Jacket
- NEWSA peek into Polar Bottle HQ
- NEWSAward for Curana