Yeti Racing UK - 4X Pro Tour Round 1
Author: Extra UK | Thu, 9 May 2013
Scott Beaumont from Topeak sponsored Yeti Racing UK has been in touch to tell us about their weekend at round 1 of the 4X Pro Tour in Poland.
Here's what they had to say.
"Just back from a fantastic weekend in Poland at round 1 of the 2013 4X ProTour. The race was held in Szczawno Zdroj at one of the best 4X tracks in the world. Immaculately prepared every year, the track has it all. High speed, low speed, technical jumps and 50 foot pro line doubles. It is a challenge for all the riders, but one which they all love."
"The weekend started for us on Friday – or it was supposed to. It rained all day long and the decision was taken to cancel practice and extend it for the riders on Saturday to compensate. It was definitely the right decision and all the riders agreed."
"So Saturday arrived and we were eager to get out on the track. Finally the sunshine was out and the forecast was for a dry day. Both Dave and myself took our time as the track was drying out from the rain during the previous day. We got to grips with everything quickly and already were up to race speed. After a break for lunch, the Pro Line was opened up for those who wanted to hit it. Two 50 foot doubles that have to be jumped really precisely had been closed all morning to try and get them as dry as possible."
"I was one of the first riders over them and felt really confident. Dave, like many of the other riders chose to stick to the alternative line and carry speed around the jumps." "So it was time for qualifying. Qualifying goes in reverse order using the UCI world rankings. First up for the team was Dave. He put in a solid run with no mistakes and crossed the finish line in 2nd. An awesome ride and this was going to be enough to guarantee him his place in the finals. In the end he placed 33rd which really exceeded his expectations. An awesome ride that we were all proud of."
"My run was third from last rider. I made a great start and put together a great lap. Crossing the finish line I wasn’t sure how quick it was but as I looked back I had gone into 1st position. Stoked. Michal Prokop was next and he just beat my time by 0.25. Finally Tomas Slavik bumped me down to third as he posted the fastest time. I was happy with 3rd though."
"So it was onto the finals. Dave’s qualifying position meant he would race Tomas Slavik in the first round – daunting for some but Dave was excited. He made a great start but got passed in the first turn and was in 3rd. Lower down the track he made a great pass to move into 2nd. He held on to the finish line and qualified with Slavik to round 2. Already this was his best result ever! In his 2nd race, Tomas Slavik and Quentin Derbier battled for the lead and checked out. They both went on to make the final so they were a pretty formidable 2nd round match. Dave finished 4th in this race, but as the only British senior category rider racing, his result of 29th overall is very impressive."
"I was feeling great. I won my first round, won my second round and won the quarter final. In the semi final Michal Prokop took gate 1, I was in 2, Jakub Riha in 3 and Felix Beckeman in 4. I made a great gate and matched Prokop on the first straight. In the first turn I dived inside but couldn’t quite pass Prokop. I settled into 2nd and held that position to the finish line. So next up it was the final. Slavik took gate 1, Prokop then took gate 4!!!!! It was a great opportunity for me and I took gate 2 with Quentin Derbier in 3. I made the best gate of my night and led the race down the first straight. Slavik then just got ahead of me over the logs and I was in 2nd. I hounded him all the way to the last straight where it all went a bit wrong. I hit a drainage pipe on the last straight and nearly went over the bars. It is a drain pipe that is sunk into the track but it gives you a kick if you take off over it. I lost a lot of speed and Prokop then started to close on me. It is a long straight and with the horsepower Prokop has, I just could not hold him off. Across the line I finished 3rd. I was gutted that I threw 2nd away, but it was just a silly mistake from me."
All images courtesy of Naked Racing
- RECALLRECALL - SwissStop ExoTherm Disc Pads
- NEWSAnnual stocktake
- NEWSCrankbrothers launch new Stamp pedals
- NEWSTens of thousands finish Prudential Ride London with the help of nuun hydration and Clif Bar
- RECALLVoluntary Recall of CLIF® BUILDER’S Bar Chocolate Mint Flavour
- NEWSOrange Seal Named Official Sealant of Team Bora-Hansgrohe
- ANNOUNCEMENTSwissStop EXOTherm Stop-Ride Stop-Sale Advisory
- NEWSExtra UK appointed exclusive distributor of the new Pirelli PZero Velo tyres
- NEWSnuun and company® Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Prudential RideLondon
- NEWSFactory Jackson Reviews New Crankbrothers Klic HV Pump and F15 Tool
- NEWSCane Creek Introduces Helm Fork
- NEWSMaxxis Enables Extra UK To Realign Prices
- NEWS7 World Tour Teams Ride Fizik In 2017
- NEWSNew Shock and Remote Levers From Cane Creek
- NEWSChristmas Closing
- NEWSCane Creek Partners With eeCycles
- ANNOUNCEMENTWe'll be closed for Stocktake
- NEWSCane Creek Expands Shock Line
- NEWSNuun partners with Extra for exclusive UK distribution
- NEWSIt's Time To Get Dialed!
- NEWSBrooks 150th Anniversary
- NEWSMore Awards For Clif Bar
- NEWSTopeak Wins Red Dot Awards
- ANNOUNCEMENTClif Bar Become Official Sponsor of Prudential RideLondon
- NEWSInside Ergon
- NEWSOrange Seal In Cycling Weekly
- NEWSDesign & Innovation Award Winners
- NEWSChristmas Opening Times
- NEWSNEW Clif Bar Flavour Now Available!
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stocktake
- NEWSProGold The Reader Choice
- NEWSDBinline recommended by Singletrack Magazine
- NEWSDownhill performance meets… climbing efficiency
- NEWSErgon BE1 Scores 9 out of 10!
- NEWSFi'zi:k Black Edition
- NEWSNEW 2016 Fi'zi:k Shoes In Stock Now
- NEWSPinkbike Visits Crankbrothers
- NEWSClif Bar Wins Prestigious Award!
- NEWSThe Tracer Goes Green
- ANNOUNCEMENTExtra UK Welcomes Maxxis Tyres
- NEWSFind Us On Social Media
- NEWSCobalt 3 Wheels Score 9 out of 10!
- ANNOUNCEMENT2015 Events
- NEWSIntense Cycles - Tracing Dirt
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWSTopeak Mountain Morph - Awarded Singletrack Recommended
- NEWSTitley wins UKGE Series for BAB Intense
- NEWSLeadville – Bigham strikes again
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 5 - EWS Reborn In The USA
- NEWSARTCRANK London
- NEWSNovatec Diablo 29 - 4 out of 5 MBUK
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Val Di Sole - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSBrooks England X Levi’s® Commuter Collaboration
- NEWSFizik To Illuminate Tour Finish Line
- NEWSTIME ATAC XC6 9 out of 10
- NEWSTopeak Joe Blow Mountain Scores 10!
- NEWSBAB Intense Race Report - UKGE Afan
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Fort William - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 2 - Enduro's Coming Home To Scotland
- NEWSIntroducing The DBinline
- NEWSIntroducing Clif Bar's New Ambassadors:
- NEWSIntroducing Volta
- NEWSNew Zealand Cycle Classic
- NEWSCrank Brothers to join Extra UK
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWS Extra UK secures CLIF Bar distribution
- NEWSIntroducing the Cyrano Series
- NEWSSchwalbe Euro 4X Series - Round 3 - Leibstadt, Switzerland
- NEWSCane Creek Introduces New Climbing Technology For DB Shocks
- NEWSRide For Michael
- NEWSHutchinson Toro Review - Singletrack Issue 82
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X R3 & Schwalbe Euro 4X R2
- NEWSYeti Racing UK - 4X Pro Tour Round 1
- NEWSTeam Edition 2013
- NEWSAggro Racing - Round 2 & 3 Race Report
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X Series Round 2 - Falmouth, Cornwall.
- NEWSCane Creek DBair XV
- NEWSClancy Wins The Soens For Rapha Condor JLT
- NEWSInside TIME
- NEWSHandley Draws First Blood
- NEWSPinkBike.com Review the DBair
- NEWSRapha Condor JLT Hit The Ground Running
- NEWSFestive Opening Hours
- NEWSEaston Cycling Licenses Technology From Topolino
- NEWSCane Creek Opens The Lounge
- NEWSJon Tiernan-Locke wins Tour of Britain
- NEWSShock Tuning Made Simple!
- NEWSTIME RX Instinct - RCUK First Look
- NEWS2012 Union Jack Limited Edition Swallow
- NEWSfi'zi:k dominate the Tour de France
- NEWSDon't Know Your Fit?
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 5
- NEWS2012 Word Champion
- NEWSBeyond the Bike - A Beyond Ourselves Project
- NEWSBrooks B17 Select World Traveller Limited Edition 2012
- NEWSEASTON CYCLING INTRODUCES THE NEW HAVOC 35
- NEWSIdentiti BMX Race Team Sign UK Elite BMX rider Tre Whyte
- NEWSINTENSE DEMO DAY - Moose Cycles
- RECALLTopeak Babyseat II Safety Recall
- NEWSMeet HARD EDDIE
- NEWSExtra appointed exclusive distributor for Time
- NEWSFi'zi:k Sponsored Jon Tiernan-Locke and Endura Racing top UCI Europe Tour Rankings
- NEWSTioga Sponsor Identiti BMX Race Team
- NEWSWorld Cup Dream Results for the Hutchinson United Ride!
- NEWSHutchinson Intensive on Road.cc
- NEWSGrowth in a tough market: Cane Creek
- NEWSTwo wins and seven podiums in three countries for Endura Racing
- NEWSTeam Sky makes the switch to fi'zi:k
- NEWSFreshFoodBike.com delivers groceries with Burley Travoy
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins Tour du Haut Var with another standout climbing performance
- NEWSHutchinson United Ride Team
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins final stage of Tour Mediterraneen to secure overall victory
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 1
- NEWSAre you Steep or Slack?
- NEWSCane Creek DBair - First ride review
- NEWSFizik Shoes Hit Hollywood
- NEWSFizik Kurve
- NEWSNew Intense Carbine
- NEWSIntense Tracer II reviewed by Singletrack
- NEWSJohn Boultbee Criterion Jacket
- NEWSA peek into Polar Bottle HQ
- NEWSAward for Curana